Are you making what you’re worth? Are you doing what you want to be doing?
We sat, for 4 years, in adjacent cubicles working hard and taking on more projects, exploring social media and learning new things, getting praise without a raise and it wasn’t fulfilling.
We both wanted to trade the life we had for the life we dreamed about.
Simply put, it’s terrifying. But, Winston Churchill says “Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.”
Stepping out and starting your own business is hard work- really hard work – but it comes from a place of inspiration, passion and purpose.
It’s easy to get stuck:
“I don’t have a website”
“I’m sure it would be good to get on Twitter and Facebook, but what do I say and do?”
“Would people actually pay me for this?”
“How do I get clients…paying clients!”
That’s why we are sharing everything you need to know about turning your passion into profit.
The Create + Connect Project is an 8 week interactive, online video training program for creative entrepreneurs who want to build their online presence, make more money and connect with more people.
Format + Features
The training is broken down into weekly modules and includes two full weeks dedicated to making it all happen and includes bonuses from successful creative entrepreneurs to help you with the challenges you face as an entrepreneur just starting out.
Each week’s module is filled with step by step training videos with screen sharing, done-for-you resources, case studies, resource lists and worksheets designed to put you on the right track right away.
Ready to sign up? Click Add to Cart!
Here’s exactly what you’ll learn in the Create + Connect Project:
Week 1: Planning Out Your Business
- Learn the 2 things you need to create a successful brand
- The real truth about why people do business with you
- Done for you: Questions to ask yourself to make sure you get your brand right
- How to use your favorite brands to create a dimensional brand of your own
- Bonus Case Study: Learn how lifestyle blogger Camille Styles from Camille Styles Events took the leap from her day job to her dream job
- Bonus Case Study: A look inside former BHLDN product designer + successful multi passionate entrepreneur Shauna Alertio from Somethings Hiding in Here
2. Your Ideal Customer + How You’re Gonna Make $$
- Why you must understand your ideal customer
- The proven method to figure out who your ideal customer is and what they’ll pay you for
- Done for you: Questions to ask yourself about your target customer
- How to use reverse engineering to create offers your customers WANT to buy and will happily pay you for
- What key influencers are and how to leverage their power to make your ideal customer buy
- How to determine the best business model for your unique skill set
Week 2: Build Your Own Website (Even if you’re not techy!)
- Exactly how to build your website from scratch including the key steps that most people don’t show you
- Purchasing your domain name
- How to set up your username and password
- How to navigate the WordPress interface
- Everything you need to know about themes, plug ins + widgets
- Love List: Our favorite themes for creative entrepreneurs
- Love List: Must Have Plugins and how to install them
- The key features creative entrepreneurs need for their website
- How to install a Buy Now button for product based businesses or Etsy link
- How to add Etsy or Paypal link to website
- How to install Google Analytics, what the metrics mean and which metrics are crucial
- How to get people on your mailing list through opt-in offers
- The proven blueprint for opt-in offer placement on your website
- Done for you: 20 Opt in ideas
- The top tips to set up your hassle free email communication on our favorite platform
- Done for you: Autoresponder, Thank You and Email Confirmation Scripts
- A custom website reviews – we’ll look over your site and give you suggestions + answer your questions!
Week 3: Blogging – Why You Need a Blog for Your Business
- Why every business needs a blog and the time saving strategy to create 6 months worth of topics
- How to connect with readers in every post
- Everything you need to know about automating your posts
- The secrets of successful guest blogging
- Interview Case Study: Blog tour – How to quickly gain a following by infiltrating other people’s lists
- What a Fame Box is and how to use it
- Done for you: Scripts for guest blogging (the exact scripts that worked)
- Bonus Case Study: Learn how the adorable Erin Loechner from Design For Mankind used her blog to land some BIG partnerships.
Week 4: Make it Happen Week!
Week 5: Twitter – How to Use This “Time Wasting” Tool to Actually Get Customers
- Exactly what you need to know about your profile
- Why your profile is crucial and you should spend some time on it
- 16 questions to create a magnetic profile
- Whether you should tweet as yourself or your business
- The must have links to get more web traffic
- How to make and install a background that promotes your business and your brand
- How to make a background in Photoshop
- Who to follow and the trick to manage your time
- Love/List: The best people to follow in the design/blogging community
- How to infiltrate your competitors’ lists
- What to do each day to maximize every minute
- What to say and the #1 thing people want you to know about your tweets, but aren’t telling you
- Bonus Case Study: Real-life opportunities that have come from Twitter
Week 6: How to Plan the Ultimate Facebook Page that Actually Gets You Customers
- How to set up a lead generation machine right from the get go without the dreadful trial and error process
- Why you must have a custom landing page and how to get it
- Which app is best for you
- The 2 images you need before you get started
- Why you should stop selling and what you should do instead
- What e-cubed means and why you need to use it in every post
- Done for you: Insight Cheatsheet including how to access and what to pay attention to
- How to access insights
- What to pay attention to
- How to use insights to maximize exposure on every post
- How to give your team and VA access
- Done for you: Social Media Policy
Week 7: How to build a community of raving fans and get instant credibility from the get go.
- The surprising thing you can do to create fans from scratch
- Done for you: 3 Scripts to get recommendations
- How to request a testimonial from a current client
- Get praise from a long-ago client
- Request advance praise for a brand new product
- The seven must ask question for outrageous testimonials and the must have elements
- Bonus! A live call with Kelly Beall from Design Crush on how to grow your following
Week 8: Make it Happen Week!
Plus Wonderful Bonuses!
- A call with Kal Barteski from Link with Love – Our worries about Pinterest + using it legally.
- A webinar from Andreea Ayers from Launch.Grow.Joy – How to Properly Use Pinterest for Business
- A call with Piper Toth from one sydney road – From Blog to Shop
- Photoshop: Our fave free resources for do-dads, actions + brushes
- Member bonuses to each other (members can offer exclusive bonuses for other C+CP members)
Our goal is to give you everything you need to get your business started and start making money.
That’s why every module includes:
-tried and true methods that we’ve personally had success with
“I’m a firm believer that knowledge and perspective are most beneficial when shared with others, so I’m always thrilled to participate in projects geared toward the exchange of information. I feel so incredibly blessed to be a small part of this wonderful community; I suppose this is a tiny way I can give back!”
– Erin Loechner, Design for Mankind + HGTV.com
14 Day Feel Good Guarantee
We want to make sure that the Create + Connect Project is a perfect fit for you, that’s why we’re offering a 14 Day Feel Good Guarantee.
If you don’t think the program is a good fit for you, send us an email and we’ll talk about what we can do to help you, we want you to succeed so we’ll do all we can to make sure you finish the program with a business you love. If we all agree that this isn’t a good fit after 14 days in the program, we’ll refund your money.
So sign up today because when it comes to your job, you know there’s something you’d rather be doing.